- $600 per day + super
- 6 months
- Sydney CBD
This government agency is looking for someone with around 10+ years of experience in media management. This is a 6 month contract role offering $600 per day + super working in the heart of Sydney.
About the Role
- Develop and drive the media relations strategy for NSW Government agency– including execution across both proactive and reactive media and providing advice on media issues for key internal stakeholders.
- Deliver a high impact/high volume media service by working closely with internal stakeholders to develop timely responses to media enquiries and manage correspondence with media outlets, to maintain good relationships and flow of information.
- Drive reactive media relations, including crisis and reputation management - assessing opportunities, reviewing presentations, preparing agreed key messages, tracking and monitoring opportunities.
- Manage proactive media relations – including media opportunities, conference participation, speaking opportunities, earned media, social media, media events, and securing of awards and recognition.
- Ensure a timely response to enquiries and develop an ongoing positive working relationship.
- Build and manage ongoing relationships with relevant members of the state, national and financial media.
- Develop media and communication content and materials, including but not limited to media releases, talking points, opinion pieces, briefs and speeches.
- Manage the ongoing monitoring and collection of media coverage and issues.
- Manage the on-call monitoring of media and ensuring timely response to arising issues.
- Developing and mentoring team members, managing performance, working constructively with others in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Flexible to being on call on weekends.
- Government communications, stakeholder engagement, public relations experience is preferred.
- 10+ years in a media management role.
- Ability to work with Senior Executives.
- Understanding of sensitivity and significant judgement in handling issues that arise.
For more information email Sarah at email@example.com.
Please know that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.