Our client is currently on the look out for a media officer. Although it is a 2 month contract, we are hopeful of an extension, paying $40/hour + Super, with the flexibility to work from home and come into the officer at Clarence St, Sydney CBD.
About the role:
- Research and prepare content for the issuing of media statements, releases and commentary under direction of the Manager and approval of the Executive.
- Monitor state-wide media, prepare material for public engagements and respond to media issues and inquiries out of hours (including early morning radio), as required.
- Maintain a directory storing media enquiries and approved messaging.
- Ensure adherence to internal and external approval chains prior to release of media commentary and messaging.
- Support the organisation in providing strategic communication and media advice.
- Coordinate event management and preparation for public appearances and writing of material for public speaking by senior management.
- Act as a central point of contact for issues management, and ensure that executive members are aware of current and emerging issues.
- Develop and maintain a social media content management plan.
- Provide regular insights into social media content and platform performance using analytics tools.
- Develop and manage relevant online content.
- 2-4 years experience working within Media and Communications
Be able to hit the ground running
- Willing to learn
- Previous Government experience would be preferable but not mandatory
If you're interested please contact Billie-Rose Williams on 02 8296 9805 or email her at email@example.com