- $600 - $650 per day + super
- 3 months
- Sydney CBD
This Government department is comprised of numerous integrated divisions that focus on achieving community outcomes for the greater good and on putting their customers at the center and their people at the heart of everything they do.
About the Role
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Manager, Media and provide strategic advice to business partners to share important information to customers, and to positively contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of it reputation.
The role contributes to the development and implementation of proactive and reactive media, social media and public relations strategies, and will manage issues and crisis collaboratively with a strategic focus that is aligned
to the government department's vision and values.
- Provide professional assistance with public affairs, reviewing contentious issues, liaising extensively with portfolio agencies, and preparing and issuing media statements, ensuring appropriate approval prior to release.
- Contribute to the event management preparation for public appearances and writing of material for public speaking by senior managers to ensure event objectives are achieved.
- Provide support in evaluating media coverage, identifying opportunities and risks, providing advice, briefing notes and other material for senior staff and the Minister.
- Liaise as directed, with the Minister’s office on media issues to ensure alignment in the approach taken and responses across the portfolio agencies.
- Collect and communicate information in regards to current affairs and recent developments that impact on the portfolio.
- Assist with developing effective public affairs and media policy and procedures.
- Demonstrate the five ways of leading behaviours to deliver organisational outcomes for the customers, the people and communities for the greater good.
- Balancing the unpredictable nature of media issues and other competing deadlines in a complex and demanding work environment.
- Providing valuable assistance in responding to prompt provision of accurate information while meeting critical deadlines.
- Building and maintaining close consultative relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders within government and externally.
- Experience in journalism, media relations or public relations in a contentious and complex environment in either the public or private sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the concepts, principles and practice of media management and communications.
- Must be able to work with some degree of autonomy.
- Can communicate effectively.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, please email@example.com