This Government agency prides itself on delivery innovative technology solutions to the NSW public and other government agencies. They look to provide information and to maintain a wide range of IT initiatives to ensure effective and innovative results throughout New South Wales
About the Role
- Migrating code from a JavaEE Monolith application written in EJB and Hibernate to microservices stack with Springboot and Java 8
- Collaborating with other team members to follow microservice patterns or coding standards defined by the project team
- Preparing specialised, quality code which complies with specifications and standards, as required and aligned to product design to enable on time application development.
- Collaborating with others to review specifications and use agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programs or scripts of medium to high complexity.
- Completing unit/system testing and gathering feedback to improve quality and reduce operational risk of the developed application, ensuring risks are adequately understood, documented and mitigated.
- Advanced Java8 Development skills
- Expert knowledge & experience with microservice patterns & development.
- Experience with Springboot and Spring Data / Hibernate.
- Commercial experience with SQL & Oracle queries.
- Experience with GIT, BitBucket & Docker (highly desirable)
- Experience with AWS (desirable)
Before you apply - please make sure the above skills are properly reflected throughout your CV for each relevant project.
Please note - due to the high-volume of applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted.