This NSW government agency prides itself on delivery innovative ICT solutions to the NSW public and other government agencies. They look to provide information, facilitate support and maintenance of a wide range of ICT initiatives to ensure efficient, effective and innovative results for NSW.
About the Role
The IT Procurement Officer will play a project-critical role in managing complex technical procurement processes from initiation through to contract execution, and will focus on influencing key stakeholders across high-value & high-risk procurement deliverables.
- Managing and developing internal procurement projects.
- Reviewing data sets and proposed process changes to identify negative and positive impacts.
- Using change management principles to introduce and review processes and systems.
- Developing procurement strategies based on sound knowledge of business needs.
- Preparing well-structured procurement documentation.
- Analysing requirements and working with industry stakeholders to create statements of requirements.
- Directing procurement planning and service provider selection.
- Awarding contracts and providing feedback on results.
- Applying risk management principles & guidance to cross-functional projects on risk mitigation.
- Developing detailed spend models; providing insight into supply markets and internal demand analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of NSW Government procurement policy frameworks
- Tender management experience from complex IT projects
- Experience with contract law, fair trading and other applicable legislation.
- Understanding of contract dispute resolution processes.
- Must have specialist MS Suite skills - spreadsheets, presentations, flowcharts and diagrams.
Please note - due to the high volume of application, only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.