We are seeking a HR Business Partner to work for a NSW government organisation based in Werrington. This is a 6 month contract paying $55 - 75 per hour + super. The role may require some regional travel so a NSW Driver's Licence is required.
About the role
- Provide HR advice, attend meetings and ensure ongoing support to directorate managers and staff to implement best practice HR practices in line with policy, legislative requirements and overall People & Culture plan.
- Participate in meetings and forums to maintain and share current knowledge of HR policy and best practice for consistency in services delivery, and also to provide support and advice to Director People & Culture Business Partnering on emerging issues.
- Investigate complex HR/IR issues or grievances and identify issues and recommend further action or solutions in accordance with legislation, policy and guidelines. This accountability includes responsibility for implementing and following up on required remedial actions such as Performance Improvement Plans to ensure resolution of the matter.
- Coordinate a range of projects for your business area, including the implementation of People & Culture strategies, tools and processes and systems to respond to current and future challenges ensuring legislative and regulatory compliance and standards.
- Oversight establishment, payroll activities and employee entitlements for your directorate.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar HR role
- Government experience preferable
- Current NSW Driver licence is required to travel to metropolitan based and/or regional locations. Travel may include overnight stays, as required by the business and/or directed.