This is a great opportunity for an experience HR Business Partner to join a NSW government organisation based in Newcastle. This is a 3 month contract paying $55- 57 per hour + super.
About the role
- Provide HR advice, attend meetings and ensure ongoing support to directorate managers and staff to implement best practice HR practices in line with policy, legislative requirements and overall People & Culture plan.
- Participate in meetings and forums to maintain and share current knowledge of HR policy and best practice for consistency in services delivery, and also to provide support and advice to Director.
- Investigate complex HR/IR issues or grievances and identify issues and recommend further action or solutions in accordance with legislation, policy and guidelines. This accountability includes responsibility for implementing and following up on required remedial actions such as Performance Improvement Plans to ensure resolution of the matter.
- Coordinate a range of projects for your business area, including the implementation of People & Culture strategies, tools and processes and systems to respond to current and future challenges ensuring legislative and regulatory compliance and standards.
- Oversight establishment, payroll activities and employee entitlements for your directorate.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in Human Resources.
- Ability to form relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience providing advice and directly managing a caseload of complex people related matters and a solid knowledge of employee and industrial relations.