Governance Officer | 2.5 Month Contract | $63.99 per hour Incl. super
- $58.18 per hour + super
- 2.5 month contract
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and innovative experience within the development of New South Wales government. Our client is looking for a Governance Officer to provide advice and support to the Agency on information access and privacy matters and formal information access applications, and for promoting a culture of quality governance, accountability and transparency.
About the Role
- Decide formal access applications made under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 as authorised by the Head of the Agency.
- Provide advice and support on deciding informal access applications by officers in the Agency; promote a culture of open and transparent government.
- Assist with third-party consultations made to the Agency.
- Provide advice on privacy related matters to staff, ensuring personal information is managed in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
- Assist with external information access and privacy reviews
- Provide support for statutory and other reporting functions relating to privacy and information access.
- Support the development and improvement of internal information access and privacy process and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement ability
- Previous demonstrated experience working in an environment requiring interpretation and advice on legislation
- Sound knowledge and understanding of policies and legislation relating to the release of information and the protection of privacy and personal information
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org