- $600 - 700 per day + super
- 6 month contract
- Parramatta Location
This is a great opportunity for a GIPA and Privacy Officer to join a NSW government organisation based in Parramatta. This role will be working in a great team environment with an attractive daily rate.
About the role
- Manage GIPA enquiries by mail, email and telephone as the central point of contact
- Negotiate with applicants as required on the scope of their request and determine applicable processing charges
- Assign and monitor requests to business areas to search and retrieve records in relation to access applications
- Conduct third-party consultation with external parties as required, to ascertain any objections to the release of information for which third parties have an interest.
- Make determinations on the release of information in accordance with the provisions of the GIPA Act, including applying the public interest test to balance the considerations in favour of and against the release of information.
- Manage Privacy engagements providing privacy advice and privacy impact assessments (PIAs)
- Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of privacy responding to internal and external enquiries and complaints.
- Prepare high level advice, reports and submissions on complex and specific privacy engagements as required by legislation and in response to Management, Board and Ministerial representations
- Administration and reporting:
- Maintain a register of GIPA applications received by Sydney Water as the central point of administration
- Administer EFT and cheque payments for GIPA applications
- At least 5 years' experience in a regulatory and/or reporting role
- Detailed understanding of the Government Information (Public Access) Act (GIPA Act) and GIPA Regulation
- High level verbal and written communication skills