A NSW government organisation is seeking a Genealogy Researcher to join their team on a 2 month contract. There is no experience required. This role is paying $39.80 per hour + super and is based in Sydney CBD but is currently work from home due to restrictions.
About the role
- Establish intestate, and to a lesser extent testate, entitlements by interpreting the law of intestacy.
- Identify and locate those entitled in estates, within Australia and overseas.
- Carry out extensive research and write up reports based on the research for purposes of compiling the family tree and determining entitlement and to support court applications.
- Making risk management decisions based on a variety of factors such as primary and secondary certificate evidence, legal presumptions, value of the estate, location and age of potential next of kin and cost of court application.
- Work closely with staff to support them in the estate administration process, communicate with, share information and keep up to date the progress of the research work.
- Respond to queries from members of the public who may be entitled or have been identified as being entitled in the estate. Convey information about the law of intestacy and how intestate entitlement is determined according to law.
- Support the Principal Research Officer and Manager in reporting, budgeting, revenue generation.
- Strong administration or legal assistant experience
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills