This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
The Financial Admin Officer is responsible for Project Based Financial Accounting and administration duties. Supporting the Finance Manager with all project administration and general accounting related tasks in SAP and Power BI.
- Create project setup, including resourcing, sales orders and SAP budgets, training of staff;
- Collation and processing of Amex travel journals on behalf of PWA state-wide
- Assist in coordination of WIP reviews process
- Assist Finance Manager with Monthly Financials
- Creation of contracts and processing of contract valuations and variations
- Purchase order management. Creation and Processing
- Month end close, Journals, reconciliations, and General Ledger
- Preparation of journals
- Preparation of reports for management meetings
- Review of Tender submissions documentation, preparation of report and issuing to Project Managers
- Meet with stakeholders regarding cred card expenses and reconciliations
- Raising of invoices to clients
- Electronic TRIM Mail processing
- Bank Guarantee Management for projects
- Debtors Control/update/reporting
- Labour costing management
- Labour costing transfers for incorrect postings on revenue projects
- Identify problems/errors with project costing and contracts. Provide solutions for such problems.
- Reconcile contractor labour costing with contractor central timesheets for each contractor.
- General IT and Administrative tasks
- 3 years’ experience in Accounting. Preferably project-based accounting
- Government experience highly regarded
- Experience with SAP essential
- Experience with Power BI
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Available for immediate start
- Intermediate knowledge of excel
- Formal qualifications in Accounting or Administration or a related discipline and/or experience deemed equivalent.