Financial Accountant | $57ph plus super | 9 month contract
- $57 ph + Super
- 9-month contract w/immediate start
- Sydney CBD w/WFH
About the company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who provides Financial services and related advice to other government departments and agencies. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to stakeholders.
About the role
As the Financial Accountant, your role is to contribute and provide assistance in all financial accounting functions and help ensure legislature reporting requirements are met for all reporting entities managed by Treasury Finance.
In this key role the incumbent will be responsible for providing direct support to the Senior Financial Accountant. The position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with accounting standards and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of monthly and year end financial reporting.
- Reporting and analysis of financial performance and drivers for management decision making.
- Establish and maintain effective financial management controls to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Assist in the monthly and yearly accounting (financial, management & budgeting) and reporting processes
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements, notes and accompanying work papers
- Provide expertise on financial matters and practices, accounting policies and procedures, statutory reporting, and funding matters to ensure the organisation is compliant and achieves its targets
- Develop, implement, and report on financial (KPI's) to ensure the organisation's financial objectives are met
- Develop, monitor, and review financial and/or taxation policies, procedures and practices to identify opportunities and improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity while ensuring compliance with relevant requirements and standards
- 5+ years’ experience in a Financial Reporting role with Statutory Reporting skills
- CPA/CA Qualified
- Knowledge of AASB or IFRS reporting standards
- Experience in Government or large corporate environment beneficial
- Systems: SAP,
- Intermediate Excel experience
- Available for immediate start
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident