- $400-$450/day + Super
- Sydney CBD w/Hybrid WFH Schedule
- 9-month contract
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency aims to create a better infrastructure system, one that is fundamentally designed around the needs and expectations of customers, communities, and the economy.
About the role
The Financial Accountant is responsible for providing a broad range of financial Accounting, Finance management and financial analysis to meet internal and external reporting requirements, statutory compliance requirements.
- Contribute to the achievement of financial management business outcomes by participating and /or leading project teams in annual and business improvement projects.
- Prepare financial analysis inputs and commentary to produce reliable financial information; including financial statements, Treasury submissions and inputs to Audit & Risk Committee Meeting papers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with decision makers to improve financial management and business processes that will beneficially impact the division.
- Provide financial analysis to ensure integrity of financial data or identify risk areas.
- Understand business drivers and be able to interpret the impact of financial decisions and policy on the customer.
- Implementing and monitoring financial policies, guidelines, and business rules.
- Provide critical and predictive financial analysis to support business decisions.
- Develop and sustain business relationships.
- Support achievement of business outcomes by delivering financial advice to staff and managers.
- Contribute to effective and flexible delivery of financial management services.
- 4+ years' experience as Financial Accountant in complex working environment
- Experience using SAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Available for immediate start
- CPA/CA Qualified
- Financial Management and Statutory Reporting Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Australia