About the company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
To provide accurate, timely and efficient processing of accounting transactions, prepare account reconciliations and audit work papers, and contribute to multi-skilled, engaged and flexible accounting operations team that fulfills accounting tasks effectively and achieves business outcomes.
- Deliver accurate, timely and efficient processing of accounting transactions, and preparation of reconciliations and work papers.
- Perform journal preparation, process journal entries and prepare general ledger account reconciliations
- Perform a variety of specialised reconciliations such as payroll reconciliations, bank reconciliations, billing reconciliations, insurance reconciliations
- Provide e-Dev payment support
- Process Sundry Debtor invoices and payments including invoice issuance, payment processing, complaint management and OTC/Tap-In processing
- Perform Treasury administration tasks
- Provide General Accounting Support including forecasts, GL budgets and forecasts
- Provide Project Accounting Support including creating projects, resourcing, building activities, and closing of projects realigning WIP closing balances in the ledger to BI report at year-end reporting and distribution and performing time-sheet reconciliations.
- Perform WIP reconciliations and WIP review and liaising with project managers
- Perform allocations including allocations for energy bills from Schneider.
- Perform stale cheques and unclaimed monies review and transfer, including investigation and analysis.
- Perform Trust Account register checks and prepayment reconciliations, including investigation and analysis.
- Prepare year-end work-papers
- Provide Annual Fixed Assets (WP&E) stock-take coordination
- Monitor own workload to ensure achievement of service standards and targets.
- Participate in delivering business improvements and cost reductions on an ongoing basis.
- 5 Years experience in a Financial Accounting or Managerial Accounting environment
- CPA or CA qualification
- Experience using Peoplesoft FMIS modules (General Ledger, Project Costing, Banking Billing, Accounts Receivable for sundry debtors, Accounts Payable)
- SAP experience essential
- TM1 experience highly regarded
- MAXIMO or Asset Management tools
- Working knowledge of Business Objects (BI)
- Trust Accounting experience