This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
Exciting opportunity for an Finance Systems Analyst to join this team on a 6-month contract, with chance for extension,
About the role
- Develop complex reports and analyses to enable informed decision making by management and/or other internal users
- Data manipulation, extraction and analysis
- Financial modeling
- Maintaining Data Warehouse
- Support the workflow between Purchasing, AP. Expenses and Contract Management, Project Costing and Accounts receivable functions of the business.
- Support the development of budgets for the division and branch
- Consolidate financial and related performance information to prepare comprehensive and consolidated reporting against budgets and forecasts.
- Analyse systems capabilities and problems in order to provide solutions to improve efficiency
- Analyse and report on financial performance, including operational impacts on budgets and forecasts
- Assist with data integrity and master data files
- Ensure financial processes and reporting is consistent with the broader Group Finance frameworks
- Analysing and managing large data sets across varying businesses and projects to identify inconsistencies and data faults while ensuring that analysis and interpretation is continuously based on robust and reliable information.
- Identify relevant financial and non-financial data, both past and projected and locate additional financial data to develop comprehensive financial analyses
- Financial Systems Integrations
- Present and interpret complex financial information and analysis to support organisation decision-making
- 4+ years' experience working in a complex organisation with knowledge of AR, Billing and Project Costing
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft - Financial Transformations, Accounts Payable and Purchasing
- TM1 - (CRIS), Ariba and BI tools preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Available for immediate start
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.