The Accounting Operations Division of this Government Agency manages the financial management, accounting policy, assurance, and risk management to support financial control, governance, effective decision making and delivery of high quality and timely financial information.
About the Role
The role of Finance Officer is to support all payables and receipting functions for different entities managed by the Central Finance team. Working with the Accounts team, the role provides support in all accounts payable processes for the selected entities, including the consolidated finance and other reporting entities.
- Deliver processing of payments for several entities.
- Maintain accounting records for all expenses.
- Monitor expenditure regarding consultancy expenditure, legal expenditure, first homeowners grants and sale of government assets projects.
- Provide month end transactional reports for stakeholders
- Act as first point of contact for expenses and reconciliations queries
- Liaise with management accountant and analysts regarding the processing of payments.
- Manages day-to-day payables transactions of various entities managed by the team.
- Identifies changing priorities to meet reporting requirements.
- Makes decisions based on the appropriate consultation with the senior officers of the team
- Accounts payable experience, preferably with NSW Government.
- Working knowledge of Financial Accounting.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent interpersonal skills for effective liaison with varied levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Immediately available candidates preferred