About the Company:
Leading government agency who is driving change in order to make NSW a better place to live. Delivering a large transformative project across multiple entities through a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. This government agency is responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation and service delivery across NSW by improving the experience of everyone who is visiting and living in NSW.
About the Role:
Finance Business Process Specialist is responsible for supporting the implementation of specialised Finance Systems projects to scope, budget and time.
- Delivery of Finance Business Systems Projects.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Reviewing business "As-Is" and "To-Be" business processes for redesign.
- Role based access control mapping, implementation and cutover planning.
- Analyse and document processes to provide reliable and accurate input to developing new and modified systems and processes.
- Coordinate inputs from a range of business entities, ensuring existing and proposed processes are accurately analysed.
- Enable the development of effective new and revised procedures.
- Prepare project timelines and calendars, develop and monitor project plans for major activities and coordinate a range of program support activities to enable the unit to deliver on its priorities.
- Undertake projects including documenting processes, administering training and education programs and acquiring resources to support the transition process's implementation.
- Collate, extract and analyse information and present this information in various formats to provide input to a wide range of reports, briefs and governmental advice.
- Effectively mapping processes in a large and complex environment where supporting processes and systems are continually developing.
- Enable integration of data from various sources and systems.
- Monitor organisational changes and government priorities that affect business process mapping.
- Monitor business process performance with a strong understanding of best practices and key business drivers.
- Manage within a defined scope; managing risk of scope creep.
- Strategically Influence stakeholders.
- Drive business process changes and manage continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilise process improvement strategies like Six Sigma, including SIPOC and RACI, and their application.
- Experience in financial business analysis in a large organisation, preferably in government
- Experience in monitoring business process performance
- Can drive business process changes and manage continuous improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of current contemporary financial and reporting policies, practices, procedures and technology systems
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business Analysis or related field
- Outcomes-driven and customer focused
- Ability to communicate and pitch technical concepts clearly at an appropriate level
- Understanding of financial functions
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, including SIPOC and RACI, and their application.
- Available for immediate start