This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency improves the quality of teaching and student learning across all schools and school sectors. It is responsible for the curriculum, assessment, teacher accreditation and regulatory standards in NSW schools, and accreditation of early childhood teachers.
About the Role
The Digital Communications Coordinator coordinates and supports digital communication and online community management to engage schools, teachers, students and staff across a wide variety of internal and external channels.
- Keep communications and content schedules up-to-date
- Source, draft, produce, edit, coordinate and distribute user-focused content for key internal and external channels including web, intranet, social and enewsletters according to communications and content schedule
- Monitor and respond to social media engagement, liaising with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and escalating contentious issues where needed
- Graphic design of visually engaging assets, including video, presentations and graphics to support engagement across internal and external channels
- Produce regular reports on performance of communication channels
- Coordinate and troubleshoot the directorate’s use of technical platforms for channel management and content production
- Support the directorate's communication, media and events activities as required
- Deliver to a high standard in a fast-paced, sensitive environment with limited resources
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, while prioritising high-impact work
- Maintain knowledge of business responsibilities, activities and operations in a changing environment
- Stay up to date with best practice internal and external communications practices and technical platforms
This role is accountable for the delivery of work assignments on time and to expectations in terms of quality, deliverables and outcomes.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong skills in using technology for video production, EDM, website content management, project management, social media management, graphic design and analytics