This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
The Business Analyst will lead and manage the analysis of business processes, data, systems and other functional requirements to support program delivery in line with organisational and agency strategies.
- Facilitate and manage requirements gathering activities with varying levels of participants to gather, inform, socialise and gain acceptance business requirements.
- Documenting requirements and related analysis creating artefacts for inputs to technical solution designs, such as user stories, acceptance criteria, data models, site maps, flow diagrams and facilitate the development of effective wireframes or mock-ups.
- Analyse and document business processes and technical functions to enhance business systems and assist stakeholders to decide on best approach
- Investigates problems, analyse options and provides recommendations for new and existing services and features.
- Manage relationships with and between stakeholders, engaging with users and stakeholders to effectively document needs.
- Analyse current services and processes, customer feedback to identify opportunities to optimise functionality to contribute to ongoing improvements to products.
- Experience working in an agile environment and with design thinking principles
- Ability to translate technical concepts to business concepts, and vice versa
- Be highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate honestly, openly and focussed on exceeding client expectations
- Passionate about digital and the possibilities it brings for clients
- Able to work well independently with clients, as a project lead or as an individual team member
- Considerable experience in a large and complex government or commercial environment that deliver enterprise scale systems with high availability that supporting business critical services
- Ability to prioritise work whilst working under high pressure and tight timeframes
- Be adaptive and able to pivot when required
- Degree required in analysis related discipline and/or professional experience in business analysis or related field, including engaging business clients and capturing requirements, identifying gaps and collecting information.
For more information Call Tim on 82969802