- Multiple SQL Data Warehouse Modeller and Developer contracts
- 13 + 12 + 12 months
- Ability to obtain your Baseline security clearance
- $105 - $125 per hour, inclusive of super
- Offices located in Civic, ACT\
About the Company
Our client, a large Federal Government department based in Civic, ACT, requires multiple SQL Data Warehouse Modeller and Developers for long 13 + 12 + 12 month contracts.
You will work in a high performing data warehousing team delivering analytics and workload measurement. The role will not separate between data modelling and ELT development.
About the Role
- Deliver combined business analyst, data modeller and ETL developer services- propose, negotiate, and create all the data transformation logic for business.
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of a business area through data analysis and consultation.
- Develop data models to meet specified business requirements that will allow future integration with other reporting products.
- Develop highly optimised SQL scripts in ELT scenarios.
- Write clear, business meaningful, code documentation that explains the intent and mechanics of scripts.
- Solve complex SQL problems.
Successful candidates will have:
- A code-first approach with proven ability to have an SQL-first, ELT, method to resolve complex business problems.
- Commercial tools isn't a high priority as this role won't use commercial tools such as ErWIN, SSIS, DataStage.
- Delivering incremental production changes on a weekly to fortnightly basis.
- SQL Server query tuning, including the ability to diagnose problems using the query planner.
- SQL Server Analysis Services: Tabular modelling, DAX.