This NSW government agency prides itself on delivering a large range of solutions to the NSW public and other government agencies. They look to provide information and long term strategies for NSW across a large range of industries.
About the Role
The Data Scientist- Spatial will be involved in complex projects, often across several business units and functions. This role demonstrates good data science knowledge as well as experience with data science techniques, spatial data management, systems, and processes.
- Leverage data to solve strategic, tactical, structured and unstructured business problems,
- Leverage modelling and programming skills to derive business actionable insights out of large, and/or structure, semi and unstructured datasets
- Identify/help identify key business use cases in the environment which lend themselves to Machine learning.
- Solve complex problems by mining insights from all possible sources of information using statistical forecasting models and tools
- Collaborate with business and analytic teams to set analytic objectives, approaches, and work plans
- Research and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions
- Collaborate with business and data owners to formulate problems whose solution would be impactful to the business
- Collaborate with key agency stakeholders and represent the department on interagency forums
- Establish and coordinate full project life cycle plans for complex projects with multiple platforms.
- Influences team to commit to an environment of accountability and of delivering high-quality work outputs that add value to the customer experience and organisational productivity
- Write and deliver reports on findings for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in applied statistics, quantitative science, computer science, mathematics, management science or operations research
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness
- Must be an Australian citizen or have Australian PR status
- Immediately available
For more information Apply and Call Tim Smith on 82969802