- $900-$1000 per day + super
- 6 months
- Parramatta + WFH
About the Company
The NSW agency has a unified purpose to make NSW a great place to live, work and visit. We are seeking a Data Modeller/Designer to work for a large NSW government organisation based in Parramatta. This role is paying up to $1000 per day + super and is a 6 month contract.
About the Role
- Develop and design project data models that meet organizational needs and is aligned to Enterprise information model using conceptual, logical, and physical data models to the Sydney Water team delivering data and analytics related deliverables.
- Work with business to understand the business requirement, convert the business to data requirement and help provision the data from the data source systems for analytics and reporting.
- Deliver Data, Data Models, data mapping and Analytics expertise in the articulation, design and development of data and analytics solutions.
- Work in a team of Professional Services consultants, architects and project managers who implement Analytics solutions.
- Be involved, lead or participate in business and technical sessions to document or review program documentation.
- Work with team to design, deliver and document the end to end data design/solution.
- Present the proposed data design to business and developers and get an approval from the relevant stakeholders.
- In addition to a strong data modelling, business and technical background, the position requires strong problem-solving, analytical abilities and consulting skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business.
- Awareness of SAP operational reporting.
- Experienced or familiar with Software Development Life Cycle methodology.
- Experience in working with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Strong Data modelling expertise in all forms of data modelling.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft BI Suite, Power BI and ETL/ELT technologies and its architecture.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Deliver Source to target mapping, functional and technical specification for developers and ensure adherence to design and development standards.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
For more information email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.