Data Migration Consultant
- $850 per day + super
- 6 months
- Sydney CBD + WFH
About the Company
The NSW agency has a unified purpose to make NSW a great place to live, work and visit. We are seeking a Data Migration Consultant to work for a large NSW government organisation based in Sydney CBD. This role is paying up to $850 per day + super and is a 6 month contract.
About the Role
- Engage with Business users, application development team, architects, and current systems teams in defining data migration requirements, scope.
- Understand the source and target systems from data migration requirements perspective and drive/contribute in source to target mapping workshops.
- Perform data profiling, produce data quality assessment reports and dashboards. Devise and implement data enrichment and remediation solutions.
- Develop and document the functional and technical specifications.
- Devise and implement the required data transformations from the source system to the target system.
- Develop Technical and Business reconciliation procedures as per data migration ETL framework.
- Execute data migration scripts for trial migrations, dress rehearsal and production migration; Work with key users and stakeholders to identify and resolve data issues and script defects.
- Perform in depth data analysis on defects and patterns surfaced during cut over, parallel/equivalence testing, undertaking root cause analysis and articulating findings to the affected stake holders.
- Attend all meetings to provide expertise; Provide status updates on a regular basis.
- Ability to review, analyse and manage large volumes of data
- Experience in data quality, data transformation, data loading, and data reconciliation activities.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Talent ETL and Talent DQ tool. Ability to write SQL code and queries.
- Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Sold understanding of database models.
- Experience in regulatory licensing domain would be considered an advantage.
Experience in Agile delivery approach and methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.