DevOps Engineer | 12 Month Contract | $1155 P/D Incl. Super
- $900 - $1050 P/D + Super
- 12 Month Contract
- Parramatta Location
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
This role will provide expert level coding and scripting in C, Python, Bash or Power Shell as well as a strong understanding of networking fundamentals.
Key accountabilities include:
- Working within the functional engineering teams to triage, analyse and resolve automation and testing failures.
- Provide general advice on architecture and design.
- Provide and use strong Linux service administration skills or windows administration with automated deployments.
- Working with back-end integrations and connecting disparate systems and platforms.
- Constantly update technical documentation.
- Work on-premises and cloud-based environments.
- Expert-level coding/scripting in C, Python, Bash or power shell.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals (IP, TCP, UDP, load balancing).
- Experience in use of Linux or Windows based operating systems (tools, location logs, trouble- shooting Domain joins, network connectivity).
- Expertise across different backend languages/technologies.
- Experience with configuration management tools: Puppet, Chef
- Experience as a solutions architect, enterprise architect, or consulting delivery architect working in on-premises and cloud-based environments.
- Strong Linux Server Administration skills or Windows administration, automated deployments.
- Tools: Jira/Nagios.
- Previous experience working as a Cloud/DevOps Engineer with a strong development background.
- A very strong working knowledge of the AWS platform (EC2, EKS, Lambda etc).
- Experience with back-end integrations and connecting disparate systems and platforms.
- Minimum 5+years of experience on platforms – Unix/Linux/Solaris, Windows 7/10 on Commercial platforms.
- Work within the functional engineering teams to triage, analyse, and resolve automation and testing failures.
- Production System support/Maintenance/bug-fixing/support/after hour support.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any question, please contact email@example.com or call 0410 812 314