- $400 - $440 per day + super
- 12 months from start date
- Sydney CBD + Working from Home arrangements
This NSW Government sector is responsible for devising and implementing strategies to grow the State's visitor economy. They have a strong focus on driving tourism and developing major sporting and cultural events in both Sydney and Regional NSW. We are seeking a Communications and Media Officer for a 12 month contract offering up to $440 per day + super.
About the Role
The Communications and Media Officer role supports the Sport & Lifestyle Events. The role is responsible for identifying media opportunities for Minister and to prepare speaking points, event briefs and media releases.
- Identification, management and execution of ministerial media and stakeholder opportunities and events for the NSW Government.
- Leveraging the investment made by the NSW Government through events as well as the programs and initiatives undertaken across NSW.
- To grow the tourism and major event with Sydney and Regional NSW.
- Responsible for end-to-end management, planning and preparation of material to support Ministerial opportunities.
- Responsible for the preparation of responses to media enquiries.
- Provides recommendations and suggestions where appropriate regarding media strategy for announcements.
- Identify opportunities for media opportunities in addition to Ministerial opportunities, particularly with travel trade media.
- Support corporate communications activities, such as the Annual Report and other activities.
- 5 + years experience in a similar role or government focused role.
- You are a collaborator. Actively develop relationships and engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent face to face and written communication skills.
- Public sector experience will be desirable.
For more information email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please know that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.