About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a 5-month contract paying up to $65 per hour excluding super. This role is located in Sydney CBD + WFH.
About the Role
We’re looking for a confident communications expert with a proven track record of developing and delivering effective communications plans and projects and producing engaging and accessible content. The role is focused on supporting strategic communications to various stakeholder groups regarding strategic planning and assessment of new and expanded correctional facilities. Key accountabilities include:
- Delivering and managing the communications approach regarding strategic planning for new and expanded correctional facilities.
- Producing and maintaining engaging, accessible and up to date information across a variety of formats and audiences, including internal stakeholders, external stakeholders and community groups.
- Managing input and consultation with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts with differing objectives.
- Implementing and managing the existing Stakeholder Engagement Plan, including identifying and mapping stakeholders and understanding drivers and requirements.
- Developing and maintaining a communications and engagement risk register, including risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensuring consistency of messaging regarding status, development and issues relating to this project.
- Developing and implementing community and stakeholder management plans and activities in consultation with others responsible for managing the project.
- Monitor, analyse and present feedback on a continual basis on areas of performance that are critical for stakeholder and community support, to support effective decision making.
- Supporting the objectives of the team and providing assistance across other team functions as required. For example, taking on team governance tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver high quality and effective communication plans and approaches
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop content for various audiences and purposes
• Demonstrated ability to engage and work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external subject matter experts
• Experience in planning and project managing communications activities, including developing logistics, budgets, resource, project plans and reporting
• A proactive attitude and ability to consistently perform under pressure
• Proven ability to analyse problems and find pragmatic evidence-based solutions
• Demonstrated ability to hit the ground running and get up to speed with a range of new projects quickly
• Experience working in a communications role in the public sector
For more information email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.