- $610-$706 per day + super
- 6 months
- Sydney CBD
This Government agency focusses on shaping the future of Sydney and to connect and collaborate with the community. This role is for 6 months with current work from home arrangements.
About the Role
The primary purpose of the role is to provide community relations services to support the objectives of the project. The role will act as contact point and connection for members of the community providing advice and support on available feedback channels to ensure customer and community needs are heard and met.
- Undertake community relations services to support the delivery of the Project and its objectives, and to help build awareness and understanding of the project within the community.
- Undertake a range of communication activities, including letterboxing and doorknocking activities to support Communication and Engagement requirements associated with projects.
- Provide a point of contact for members of the community, particularly those potentially directly affected by proposed project activities, including construction and property acquisition, to ensure they are aware of opportunities to provide feedback on the Project.
- Assist with the presentation of a cohesive picture of the project work to those directly affected by the activities’ proposed activities and to the wider community to ensure communication of project objectives is engaging and articulated with compelling facts and rationales.
- Identify potential community relations issues associated with the project and develop coordinated responses from within the wider project team to minimise risks to project delivery.
- Assist the wider project team to keep abreast of current issues, trends, community views and commentary to understand community perspective and to ensure responsiveness to needs.
- Engage with wider Communication & Engagement team to share information and ensure coordination of communication activities with other liaison activities.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. media, communications, public relations) or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours, including weekends, as required.
- You will have a background in Media or Public Relations and sound experience in a large scale construction project environment.
- You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex matters to a variety of stakeholders.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org