This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This newly created Government department uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
Partner with stakeholders to lead the identification and development of category management sourcing strategies for major and general suppliers. Provide advice on the strategic and transactional aspects of sourcing to business unit leadership teams; coordinate and control end-to-end sourcing activities and provide leadership and expertise in strategic sourcing.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of category management plans and strategies to deliver value for money and meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Analyse business needs, commercial risks, and supply markets to inform category planning and sourcing.
- Develop, co-ordinate and lead sourcing activities, applying extensive knowledge across a range of categories, to establish supply arrangements that deliver desired outcomes.
- Provide governance, advice, and guidance to internal stakeholders to build expertise in procurement and procurement categories across the organisation.
- Develop and administer contract management plans, negotiate changes and modifications, supplier performance management and compliance requirements by developing effective supplier relationships to enhance category outcomes.
- Plan and lead contract negotiations in the establishment and review of supply arrangements to deliver value for money procurement outcomes in specific categories.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximise business opportunities.
- Document procurement processes, decisions, and contractual arrangements to provide an audit trail for probity and audit purposes.
- Develop and implement category procurement policies and processes for the relevant category, to ensure a consistent and standardised approach to drive improvements and efficiencies in category demand and supply strategies.
- Demonstrated recent, extensive experience in a procurement role.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in applying contemporary category management, strategic sourcing, risk management policy and practice.
- Government experience highly regarded
- Immediately available candidates preferred
- Citizenship or Permanent residency required