This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
This is a Commercial Lead role that will sit within the Strategy team . It is not a procurement or contract management role, however will work collaboratively with internal contract and procurement professionals to achieve desired outcomes.
Success in the role will be based on the incumbent's ability to identify opportunities, work at pace, build strategic relationships, and partnering closely to optimise outcomes for all stakeholders. This role will be an initial 12 Month contract , based in Sydney CBD/ WFH and paying up to $1000 a day + super.
- Lead the implementation/delivery of the commercial management framework, driven by commercial outcomes that align with industry best practice and objectives.
- Lead program level advice on strategic commercial matters, contract awarding & negotiations, probity, reporting and value for money measurement.
- Ensure effective program commercial risk management is implemented, leading the development of delivery strategies and contract risk profiles.
- Lead and provide advice on dispute management with external vendors.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills for both in/external colleagues & vendors - essential
- Demonstrable experience in working in fast-pace environment with dynamic priorities and proven ability to self-organise, establish a structure backlog of work and proactively communicate value propositions and progress against key objectives - essential
- Tertiary qualifications in commercial management, finance, project management, procurement, business or equivalent demonstrated industry experience - essential
- Primarily worked in the innovation, R&D, digital, telco space with experience contracting in non-traditional ways where there may be market gaps or policy problems
- Experience in agile ways of working in general commercial management
- Understanding and practical knowledge of working with SME’s and start ups
- Demonstrable experience in managing a range of procurement projects and activities in line with NSW Government Procurement policies & guidelines. Success in complex deal structures, policies and guidelines
For more information Call Tim Smith on 82969802