This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW
About the role
- Designing and developing automated solutions to scale and self-heal, speeding innovation, reducing development time and supporting costs and effort utilising Continuous Integration & Delivery Pipelines.
- Developing new scalable and reliable services and improve existing services when the opportunity is visible to help internal clients with the intent to have minimise maintenance and support.
- Undertake cloud environment support on a day to day basis. Perform operational management of the applications/platforms and ensure change management, compliance, auditing controls are in place for cloud environments.
- Analysing internal incidents and metrics for trends or weaknesses in the cloud environment and identifying methods for addressing emerging issues.
- Participate in change and release activities as required to ensure availability of the cloud environments.
- Experience across the following relational databases, in order of importance – SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS) and/or Azure.
- Technical knowledge/experience with Exadata (highly desirable).
- 5+ years' Database Administration experience across various Database platforms.
- Experience in Public Cloud IaaS and PaaS platforms including provisioning, support and management of these environments.