Cloud Ops Tech Lead | 12 Month Contract | $1107 p/d Incl. Super
- $906 - $1006 p/d + Super
- 12 Month Contract
- Parramatta Location
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
Working on a massive Cloud Project, the Cloud Ops Tech Lead will work with the 4 Cloud Ops Engineers and Architects to develop all relevant solution artefacts specifically around cloud platform design required for the program. The role will support the enterprise hosting platform, including requirements definition, solution options, solution patterns, high level and detailed solution designs ensuring highly available systems compliant with Enterprise Architecture standards, organisational and whole-of-government policies across the application and technology domains. The role will ensure alignment of Cloud Operations with enterprise architecture and the government departments ICT Strategy.
Key accountabilities include:
- Drive all stages of Cloud Operations, including identification and evaluation of relevant solutions, that support the organisation’s required capabilities throughout the lifecycle of the program, allowing for phased program delivery whilst complying with standards.
- Highlight the benefits or risks of each option and reticulate the rationale for a preferred solution.
- The role will be focused on the design and build of a secure Cloud platform to support enterprise business systems.
- Develop, pilot and recommend new architectures to support application requirements leveraging reusable components. Reviews new solutions for conformance to existing architectures. Understands and articulates technology strategies and objectives amongst many other accountabilities.
- Significant experience in previous DevOps roles.
- Cloud experience, specifically in-depth experience with AWS (preferred) or Azure, specifically in deploying onto, and managing infrastructure workloads in, AWS and Azure.
- In-depth scripting and/or programming such as Python, Shell, PowerShell, etc.
- Proven experience in various automation methods as well as in working with, and designing & building, CI/CD pipelines.
- Proven experience with infrastructure-as-code and software delivery technologies, such as: AWS CloudFormation, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Docker etc.
- Previous experience in further enhancing & maturing DevOps capabilities & understanding of security practices would be highly regarded.
- Proven experience in working on cloud environments of technically complex, highly integrated enterprise environments.
- Strong communicator and the ability to consult to the business and provide solution options.
- Able to work and build relationships with across all levels, internally and externally.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0410 812 314