This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW
About the Role
In consultation with the Principal Analyst, Health Surveillance, and working with the Senior Biostatistician, Health Surveillance:
- Maintain the current Register of Congenital Conditions and ensure it complies with relevant legislation, policies and procedures relating to the handling of personal health information.
- Interpret clinical information provided by multiple notifiers to the Register in both paper and electronic formats.
- Extract relevant congenital conditions cases from paediatric referral hospital disease listings.
- Clinically code congenital anomalies notifications using the British Paediatric Association extension of the International Classification of Diseases Version 9.
- Extract relevant congenital conditions cases from paediatric referral hospital disease listings, to ensure only relevant birth congenital condition data is abstracted from the medical record and included on the Register.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management or equivalent experience
- Substantial knowledge and skills in the clinical classification of diseases using a variety of classifications, including the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM).
- Demonstrated understanding of the British Paediatric Association extension of the International Classification of Diseases Version 9 (BPA-ICD9).
- Knowledge and understanding of NSW legislation, policies and procedures that relate to handling of personal health information.
- Experience interpreting clinical information from a variety of sources, such as paper forms, electronic medical records, pathology reports and autopsies.