This is a great opportunity for a Client Support Officer who has medical experience to work for a NSW government organisation. This role is paying $360 - $423 per day plus super and is a based in Sydney CBD on a 9 month contract.
About the role
- Ensure the achievement of the administrative screening team’s objectives by effective and efficient external stakeholder arrangements.
- Organise complex medical assessments effectively and efficiently using service providers to meet the needs of our clients and case manage matters which may impact on the determination of Clients’ medical condition.
- Coordinate visits and liaise with local councils and business chambers to locate and secure the most suitable facilities for the Screen and for customers.
- Support a team of administrative screening staff to deliver timely, efficient, friendly integrated services to the clients.
- Provide information and assist in the screening process to support and manage expectations in a sensitive, open and respectful manner through the customer journey.
- Handle complex and sensitive conversations, understand how illness impacts on daily living and identify when an individual would benefit from timely, proactive conversations and intervention.
- Ensure support to the doctors, review and update doctors manuals and ensure it aligns with industry best practices.
- Analyse and interpret complex medical information, data, images and reports to prepare and determine completeness of evidence provided for determination of dust disease.
- Represent applications at the MAP meetings and consult respiratory physicians regarding cases and applications.
- Coordinate the end to end screening process as required to customers and liaise with the
- customer and their family members and carers to ensure they are informed and understand the support and services available to them through a personalised and empathetic approach.
- Maintain and develop effective internal and external stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure client objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate the appointment scheduling.
- Support and step in for the Manager, Medical Screening Services as required.
- Tertiary level qualification (e.g. bachelor degree) in relevant health, medical, counselling or disability discipline or equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through extensive practical experience.
- Experience leading a team and supporting the team to achieve the same goals.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service role, having the skills to provide a person