Capability Development Lead | 12 Month Contract | Up to $880 per day inc.super
- $800 per day + super
- 12 Month Contract
- Sydney CBD
This Government Department is focused on achieving community outcomes and putting customers at the center of everything they do. They are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce, which reflects the community and customers. We are looking for someone to start this 12 month contract role offering up to $880 per day inc.super.
About the Role
Lead the development and implementation of a range of capability initiatives to support workstreams as part of the Improvement Program. This role will lead the design, development and implementation of comprehensive capability strategies including solutions and learning activities for the following workstreams:
- Procurement uplift
- Customer uplift
- Enterprise Sustainability
- Other priority capabilities identified.
- Lead the development and implementation of a range of capability uplift initiatives , including completing stakeholder engagement, capability needs analysis and solution design.
- Ensure the capability development strategy and program logistics are well planned and organised and that the offering delivers the required capability uplift across the organisation.
- Work with the EI Program, Procurement, Customer and Enterprise Sustainability program stakeholders, leadership teams and working groups, to identify capability development requirements and comprehensive, sustainable capability solutions.
- Define sourcing and develop solutions including timeline/budget for identified needs.
- Define key indicators of success for review and sign off and manage any of the reporting required as part of program assurance.
- Work with the enterprise Learning team to manage the delivery of Capability Development programs and ensure they are effective in delivering the planned uplift in understanding.
- Forecast learning resource levels and undertake proactive planning to ensure delivery consistent with strategy timeline.
- Partner with functional subject matter experts, and identify suppliers, for the design and delivery of capability development strategy to ensure that the plan meets business needs.
- Measure progress and create insights about learners, teams and functions capability gaps to inform future strategies.
- Oversee instructional design undertaken by suppliers to ensure that learning outcomes for meet objectives and creates an optimal learner experience.
- Establish processes to ensure customer co-design of solutions using human centered design approaches.
- Provide advice and guidance on appropriate learning methodologies, tools and suppliers to meet functional needs.
Head of Learning/Change Lead
- Escalate issues, keep informed, advise, receive guidance and instructions.
- Participate in discussions and decisions.
- Execute and measure agreed plans and goals.
- Communicate and facilitate interventions with people leaders to ensure the efficient implementation of learning solutions.
- Provide expert advice and guidance and provide solutions to complex development issues.
- Provide meaningful insights about learning and capability matters.
- Support and coach on a range of learning and capability matters.
- Work collaboratively with OD and program teams.
- Participate in Learning team activites.
- Work Closely with the Change Team, Change Leads and Communications Leads in developing Learning strategy and plans.
- Consider the implications of issues and provide considered and well researched options to internal stakeholders – prepare business cases, weigh pros and cons, and consider options.
- Determine priorities when faced with competing demands and manage client expectations.
- Apply problem solving and judgement to recommend and implement decisions.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of advice and the contents of documents provided to stakeholders.
- Tertiary level qualifications at degree level or higher in adult education or relevant people oriented discipline.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of adult development, behavioural science or organisational psychology and its application to workforce capability development.
- Experience implementing cultural reform, preferably in government sector.
- Experience managing third party developers.
- Demonstrated Learning and Development project management experience from strategy through to execution.
- Demonstrated experience is large scale transformation programs with external assurance oversight.