- $475 - $520 p/day + Super
- 6 - Month Contract
- Yennora w/ WFH
About the company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government strategy, managing investment priorities, funding and allocations.
About the role
The Business Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of business unit financial and other related transactions, including purchasing. Ideal candidates will have experience with Tableau, Excel and Power BI.
- Design and maintain tools for capturing, cleansing, and validating data to ensure the integrity of Statewide Delivery reports.
- Use Tableau and other data visualisation tools to prepare regular dashboard reports for management and other stakeholders.
- Analyse business performance as per the Statewide Delivery Business Plan, Balanced Scorecard (BSC), and other business performance frameworks. Investigate areas of underperformance and discuss the findings with unit managers and the director.
- Assist colleagues with a variety of routine financial tasks, including accruals, cost transfers, budgets, project forecasts, and labour costs.
- Oversee billing processes relating to fleet hire, workshop, and rural line marking services. Prepare or review sales orders and journals. Maintain accomplishment and pricing systems.
- Perform complex data analytics using contemporary business intelligence tools to effectively visualise information to measure business performance to agreed key performance indicators.
- Perform an analysis of the project and financial data to ensure management has accurate and timely information on the delivery of projects and programs.
- Contribute to continuous business improvement by leading the analysis of business data to identify opportunities to reduce operating costs and improve operational efficiency within the business.
- Identify opportunities for the continuous improvement of the business as derived from data analytics, including the management of data repositories and interface to analytical tools in the provision of static and real-time analysis.
- Collaborate and consult with key decision-makers to ensure that business information and reporting needs across the Branch are identified and addressed.
- Strong hands-on experience with Tableau, Excel, and Power BI
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and analysis of financial accounting reports, including Income and Expenditure Statements and Balance Sheets.
- Demonstrated expertise in billing, costing estimates and variance analysis in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of data visualisation applications, techniques, technologies, trends and solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of corporate systems, such as SAP and Oracle databases or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Permanent resident or citizen
- NSW driver’s license
- Per NSW Government policy all employees must be fully vaccinated.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call on 0402 001 055.