This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
The Business Analyst role is a 6-month contract paying $750 per day + super.
The Business Analyst, with a focus on human centred design, is responsible for reviewing and analysing the organisations' business intentions, services, processes and information needs in order to identify changes that will lead to business improvements and solutions to problems and opportunities. Collaborating with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and key knowledge holders, the position will investigate current practices to identify optimisation opportunities for business advances.
- Analyse existing systems, applications and functions to ensure strategic Systems Group objectives are identified, optimised and delivered.
- Participate and support the demand management process as required by participating in Rapid Impact Assessments, business case development, and project
- Conduct business justifications, benefits mapping, cost benefits analysis and modelling in order to deliver recommendations for improvement that are evidence based and deliver identifiable improvements for the organisation.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research to identify trends and assist with determining robust, consistent and sustainable business
- Identify and analyse complex, multi-faceted and cumbersome business processes, utilising human centred design principles, incremental and experimental processes in order to create solutions for problems, opportunities and recommend optimisations that will support nimble, agile, iterative, Systems Group service delivery.
- Build and maintain key relationships with users, technical staff and stakeholders to determine and resolve issues.
- Provide accurate advice about technical issues and solutions to assist with specifying business requirements for new or existing
- Investigate and understand Systems Group business intentions to ensure that all proposals for optimisation are aligned to strategic drivers and ensure accessible content and compliance with accessibility
- Collect and analyse, reliable and wide ranging Systems Group data and information to draw business relevant conclusions, complete data visualisation techniques and analysis and ensure that all recommendations for improvement are evidence
- Reflect the organisation’s values in the way you work and abide by policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy and inclusive work
- Place the customer at the centre of all decision making.
- Work with the Line Manager to develop and review meaningful performance management and development plans.
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- 5+ year’s business analysis including proven experience in eliciting requirements and
- Experience with Human Centred Design methodologies and modern research
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Basic knowledge in generating process
- Ability to address and meet focus capabilities as stated in the Position