This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a 12-month contract paying up to $950 per day excluding super. This role is located in Parramatta + WFH.
About the Role
The candidate will be a part of the Digital Transformation Office and will be required to manage and uplift the existing Service Level Management team across all the digital services of the programme. The role will be part of an ITSM Business As Usual (BAU) team, managing the day-to-day activities of the current Service Level Management function and will be required to work closely with various stakeholders across the business to implement defect resolution and improvement initiatives. The role requires tracking and reporting on status of the BAU backlog, prioritisation of defects and enhancements and delivery of the required changes, drive multiple teams and service delivery providers to achieve the desired outcomes and mitigate risks and manage issues as required. Key Accountabilities include:
- Working with various IT operational teams, customers and management using a range of engagement methods to capture, analyse and clearly prioritise the defects and enhancements in the backlog.
- Using a combination of your subject matter expertise, strong consultation and influencing skills to work with business product owners, technical delivery partners, support team and other stakeholders to prepare and execute a delivery roadmap for the prioritised initiatives
- Working with various BAU and support teams, to ensure Service Levels are agreed, monitored and reported on. Manage and operate (as required) BAU activities for ensuring that the services are operational at the desired levels.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and management skills including the ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders both verbally and written.
- A strong ability to manage priorities, organise workloads and meet challenging deadlines under limited direction.
- Experience in evaluating risk in the context of a complex and changing environment and experience dealing with a range of complex and/or contentious matters.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills, including work prioritisation, dealing with competing requirements/workloads, and maintaining a customer focus.
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills based on sound judgement, expertise, and knowledge.
- Evaluate trade-offs between scope, complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder priority to deliver optimal value.
- Ensuring that relevant risks are identified and mitigated and issues impacting service delivery are escalated and managed efficiently.
- Co-ordinating teams where team members are not dedicated resources or may have dual reporting lines and therefore have competing priorities
- Demonstrable experience in leading Agile project delivery in a co design environment and managing multiple workstreams
- Actively participate in all projects and initiatives that require specialised Service Level capability
- Champion the Service Level Management practice, educate, inform and drive buy-in with stakeholders of all levels. Review and uplift of existing processes and procedures. Recommend and implement best practices and improvement initiatives to drive value.
- Coach and mentor other team members and stakeholders as required
- Demonstrated record of success in leading the implementation of ITSM practices and solutions in a large and complex environment, including requirements gathering, solution recommendation/implementation and operationalisation
- Tertiary education in Information Technology or a related field
- Relevant IT Service Management qualifications and experience is preferred
- Prior experience in NSW Government is desirable
For more information email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.