This is a great opportunity for an experience Admin Assistant to work for a large NSW government organisation based in Milsons Point. This position is a 6 month contract and is paying $37 - 40 per hour + super.
About the role
- Provide a wide range of administrative and clerical support services to meet operational requirements and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the business unit.
- Coordinate the maintenance of diaries for senior management and the arrangement of meetings and training and travel requirements to support operational efficiency.
- Administer procurement activities, including raising purchase order requests for goods and services and reconciling and processing invoices for payment to meet operating needs and to comply with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Distribute circulars and all correspondence, including incoming mail and faxes to keep managers and staff informed and enable them to respond to necessary matters within required timeframes.
- Create and maintain files and documents in compliance with records management procedures to ensure best practice in enabling information to be efficiently tracked, stored and retrieved.
- Minimum 3 years administration experience
- Government experience preferable
- Experience in using software packages in preparing correspondence and reports.