- $275-$300/day + Super
- 6 month contract
- Burwood location w/WFH
This NSW government agency is major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This shared services department is responsible for the payment processing and accounts payable for the cluster and has a high volume work environment.
About the role
The Accounts Payable Officer is part of the Shared Services team and responsible for processing a range of payments and payables as well as more complex accounts payable transactions.
- Deliver efficient, client-centric, high-quality accounts payable services.
- Intercompany transactions
- Providing a high quality and accurate processing of complex accounts payable transactions and enquiries,
- Resolving issues speedily and in compliance with standard operating procedures whilst meeting service performance targets.
- Monitor and resolve all overdue Supplier accounts to ensure payment within timeframes.
- Ensure accurate reporting around financial month end reporting is completed on time.
- Provides financial support to the team including the tracking and payment of invoices through SAP.
- Support the management team in mentoring and leading the Shared Services and Payments teams.
- Resolve complex invoice and payment issues with suppliers and team members.
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding payment processing.
- 3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable within a complex organisation preferably in shared services.
- Government experience highly regarded
- Experience with SAP essential
- Available for immediate start
- Intermediate knowledge of excel
- Formal qualifications Certificate lll in Accounting or a related discipline and/or experience deemed equivalent.
- Proficiency in Month end close, Year-end close, invoice processing and accruals
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, please contact Robert@ashdownpeople.com.au or call on 02 8296 9803