- $45-$52/hour + Super
- Sydney/Central Location w/WFH
- 12-month contract
This newly created NSW government agency is a service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency aims to create a better experience for the residents of greater NSW to enjoy the resources of the community.
About the role
Working as part of a small team, the Financial Accountant is responsible for providing a broad range of financial management services such as cashflow, financial reporting, month end reporting, treasury reports and returns and budgeting.
- Provide financial management advice, support and consultancy for clients and budget holders.
- Develop and analyse reports, projections and forecasting to assist clients and budget holders in
considering financial performance, budget variances, cash flow, cash forecasting, current issues and
expenditure/revenue trends in decision making.
- Monitor and administer ledger systems including the fixed asset register and the payroll.
- Perform accruals and other journals to ensure the financial information system reflects the actual operating results and financial position of each client.
- Produce the annual financial statements, manage the audit process and prepare relevant taxation
information, reports and submissions.
- Month end accounting, prepare and check journal entries, maintain controls, reconcile
balance sheet items, prepare balance sheet control schedules, and undertake more complex
- Establish and maintain bank accounts and administer petty cash to provide for effective cash management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and improvements as required and implementing audit recommendations.
- 4+ years' experience as Financial Accountant
- Tertiary degree in finance or accounting
- CPA or CA qualified
- Experience using SAP
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Available for immediate start
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Australia